Saturday, January 10, 2009

We are here

Well, we made it. We arrived in Mexico around 3 pm on Thursday. The trip went very well - aside from the two smelly dogs in the van. Like I said to some friends, there is not an air freshener strong enough to mask the pungent odor of dog farts. Ocean mist smelled like dog poo bay. And of course I got to share a bed with one of the pooches in the motel. At least I got Belle. She doesn't lick your face and steal your pillow like Sadie does.

Thursday we settled into Paul and Tamera's house. They are back in Michigan for a couple weeks because Tamera's dad is not doing well. Please keep this family in your prayers.

We plan to stay here until at least Monday - hopefully the water and electricity will be working in our own place by then and we can start making that house our home for the next 6 months. I'll post some pictures of the house later. It has some true Mexican flair!

Today we went to a ranch in the mountains to observe a horse branding ceremony. Very intersting. Michael and I even got to participate by branding one of the horses. I felt bad for the poor things but they seemed to recover quickly after a few disgusted neighs.

So far the weather has been wonderful. It's been sunny and around 75 degrees since we arrived. It does get quite cold at night, but I won't complain because I hear the weather in Michigan is a bit chilly this week.

Hopefully I'll be able to update this blog to keep everyone informed of our life in Mexico. Right now this is probably the most boring blog you have ever come across. I guess I could use some advice on how to made this more visually appealing. I'll also try to post some pictures in a couple days.

2 comments:

KIM said...

Not boring at all Carrie - I am excited to read all about your experiences in Mexico... hopefully I can come and visit you guys at some point. Post some pictures when you can... take care!!!
~ Kim

Krista said...

Check out cutestblogontheblock.com for some fun layouts. Glad to hear you made it safely- can't wait until you post some pics.