Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Torn socks and crunchy underwear

Okay, that sounds gross. But I'm getting used to drying our clothing on a clothes line. And after a long day on the line, clothes aren't as soft as when you take them out of a dryer. Especially when you take them off the line at night when it's cold. The wrinkled/crunchy clothing I can deal with; however, one of Paul and Tamara's dogs has taken a liking to pulling our socks off the line and nawing at them until they they are mangled shreds of nothing. Hopefully the dogs that live near our house don't have the same little hobby. Our neighbors have six dogs, plus our two. Hay muchos perros. I'm imagining eight dogs flocking to my back door everytime I do laundry. It could be a smorgasbor of mass proportions at the VDK clothing line.

Rebecca got her wisdom teeth out and everything seems to have gone well. Thanks for praying.

Paul and Tamara's housekeeper just made me breakfast, which was nice. It's fun to talk with someone who is patient enough to help me understand Spanish. Sometimes we don't completely understand what the other person is saying, but for the most part we both get the general idea.

3 comments:

peterpump said...

Kathy just sent me your blog address and I am so happy to read that you are o.k. and it sounds like you are doing well with your new place to live. Enjoy the warm weather, it was 7 degrees this morning. Say hi to Michael and love from Grandma Joey

Jessica C said...

wow it sounds like you have had quiet the adventure... it looks like fun being down there.. for right now you have no idea whats to come so everyday is going to be its own little mini adventure

VandenBosch Photography said...

Wow, there is some love. I just told brandon about this... and I don't think I could do that for him. But I guess you do what you have to do.
It sounds kinda fun, at least a good life expierence.
Charlotte says hi.
Talk to you later.
Jessica