Friday, January 16, 2009

Mi Gato


Well, I just dry-heaved my way through cleaning a litter box. Literally. I was choking on the toxic fumes while our adopted kitty happily paraded around the bathroom and weaved his way through and around my legs, purring. He knocked his head against my leg to get my attention and glanced up at me with a look that said, "Can you believe I made this wonderful odor all by myself?" He looked so proud.

Solovino - which apparently means "just showed up" in Spanish, just showed up at Paul and Tamara's house about a month ago. When we were here in October, I told Paul and Tamara's daughter, Alexia, that I would like a cat. She has been rescuing strays off the streets of Arteaga since they came down here. They rescue the animals, get them cleaned up, and find them a good home. So when this cat "just showed up" right before our move, it seemed natural to take him in.

For now, Solovino has been living in la casita (apartment right next door to Paul's house). So he's probably not gettting as much attention as he should - nor was the litter box. Hopefully he'll like his new place in "the country" when we move in a few days.

He seemed to enjoy the new litter. He took a dump the minute I was finished cleaning it.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Carrie,
I love reading your blog--what an adventure you guys are on! (Its so fun to see what you are up to. Good luck with the cat!Sharon Fikkert