Friday, January 23, 2009

Girls night

Last night I had a much-needed girls night out. Kari and Rebecca invited me to a movie night with their pastor's wife. John (Juan) and Carla are originally from Michigan but have lived in Mexico for quite a while - I think about 20 years. Juan often travels to Cuba to do mission work there, as well. He was in Cuba for this past week, so Carla invited us over for a girls night - complete with a lot of good junk food. We had an Anne of Green Gables marathon. Didn't get through all of the episodes so I guess we'll have to do it again!

Tomorrow Michael and I plan to head back up to Laredo, Texas to pick up the rest of our things. We will leave early in the morning, hoping it won't be too crazy at the border. Please pray that all goes well, that we can get all our things across without too much hassle, and for safety as we travel.

1 comment:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

OH!! "Anne" not much better than that. Many memories of Anne marathons with youth group girls & Maggie & Claire... I may do it tomorrow as I sew mittens...
Hoping that your purple couch got there OK.... : )