Friday, June 5, 2009

Safe Arrival

I am back in Mexico.

It was hard to leave my friends and family in Michigan, but I know that this is where I need to be right now. I forgot how peaceful it can be here. This morning I sat with a cup of coffee and listened to the birds singing outside our window. I have decided to use this time to my advantage.

For the past couple weeks, I've really been thinking about my relationship with God. It's been a struggle for a while. Everyone has times when they stray. I feel like I've had a long dry spell. While I was home, I started to reconnect. It's been a difficult process. It's been a rewarding process.

I'm not normally this candid on my blog. I don't even know who reads this blog. However, if you were brought to this page today, I would appreciate some extra prayers. Some of you have already been praying for me. Thank you!

Things are going to be tough here this week. We don't have a car - which leaves me stranded here all day and makes it difficult to go anywhere at night. Our television channels have been disappearing (good thing I brought some DVDs!) My cat, Vino, was attacked by the dogs two days before I returned and died. I couldn't get the oven to work today so my chicken nugget craving went unmet. There are cockroaches everywhere! Some small things, some bigger things... However, I have felt a strange peace today and I am so thankful for that.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers. Pray for a positive attitude, for wisdom, and for a continued sense of peace.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Sorry to hear about Vino. Will keep you in my prayers.
Enjoy the rest of the time you have in Mexico.

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Well, you can go back to all of that & be at Peace..... That's a God thing : ) Sorry about the cat..
Praying that the 2 of you enjoy the last of your time there together, doing fun & adventurous things (no TOO adventurous : )

Love to you both........