Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Kidding" around

Thought I'd post some pictures from our dinner last night. We had a gathering at Paul's house with our main course: Goat aka cabrio.

Raul, one of the guys who works at Innotec, was the chef for the evening. His family owns a restaurant and he seemed to know what he was doing. The goat wasn't too bad. I did graciously pass on the eyeballs and brain, though. Yeah. That was a bit too much for me to stomach.

Look closely and you can see two heads in this bowl of uncooked goat meat. mmmm....




This goat head was cut in half then cooked.

Raul scoops the brain out of the skull. Apparently this is the best part. I decided to let others find out how tasty the brain and eyeballs were. No thanks.

1 comment:

Beth said...

and I thought 'sucking the head' of a crawfish was bad! so did it taste like chicken? you guys are impressive...way to embrace the culture!