Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend

If you've ever had a Jehovah's Witness come to your door, you know how difficult it can be to talk with them. Now imagine if they only spoke Spanish. Yesterday two Jehovah's Witnesses came to our house clad in full business suits in the scorching sun. We explained in our broken Spanish that we went to church and knew God. They tried to minister to us - but we said we didn't understand. So they talked about coming back again later - as if I'll be able to comprehend what they're saying next time? Funny.

Jehovah's Witnesses contemplate their next move under the shade of their umbrella.

This weekend went pretty fast. Robin Mulder, who works for Innotec, was here and stayed with us for the weekend. On Saturday, we went to the market in Saltillo during the day. At night, we had dinner and a campfire at Paul's house. On Sunday, Michael, Robin, and I went downtown Monterrey to see Fundidora Park. The park used to be an old steel factory and still has the buildings and some equipment on display. There are walking trails, water fountains, playground areas, trolley rides, and boat rides. We had a good time but it was SO hot! I thought I better include a few pictures since I promised Marianne I would!



We liked how the "no food" picture is represented by a taco. Yep. We're in Mexico.

Standing in front of the old steel plant.


Riverwalk with fun water features and fountains.


Robin and me on the crowded boat. It was so hot!


3 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Hey! Thanks for posting the pics. Fun!!
Michael looks GREAT!! He said that he had lost another 40 since we've seen him 6 wks ago. Would love a close up... heard that he lost so much in his face...
Can't wait until you guys get home.... Enjoy the heat, it is about 60 here....(not that I am rubbing it in :

MARIANNE said...

All of your lovely pictures and I just keep thinking "I LOVE the pics of the Jehovah Witnesses". They were probably like "Kooky Gringos..." Glad to see you blogging again!

Unknown said...

Hey - i'm so happy that I made the blog! :) that was a great - but hot weekend - hopefully i'll be seeing you there again sometime soon! hope arizona went well!
bye..