Wednesday, June 17, 2009

AZ Vay-Cay

It's official. Our television channels are gone. I've been holding my breath each morning when I turn the TV on. The number of channels dwindled down each day - until today. They're gone. Fortunately, I have a couple movies and nearly every season of Dawson's Creek and the Gilmore Girls. I started season one of the Gilmore Girls today - thanks, Jessica!

I meant to update my blog yesterday - didn't happen. Last Friday, I met three of my best friends in Arizona. We stayed in a beautiful condo in Scottsdale - it's owned by one of my friend's in-laws. The Summertime Girls (there were seven of us who lived together in college) all came out to Arizona two years ago and vowed we would come back. Only four of us could make it this year, but we plan to keep the tradition going in years to come.

The four of us relaxed in the pool and hot tub, went shopping, ate a lot (ha ha - Flo's chinese, In & Out Burger, Phil's Grille, The Good Egg, Streets of New York Pizza...), and had some great conversation. I returned to Mexico on Tuesday. Here are some pictures of our trip.
Our first night at Phil's Grille on the beautiful golf course - me, Kate aka Steeny, Christi aka Champ, and Cindi aka Lu.


The famous HUGE Phil's margarita.

Me and Christi at Phil's

Me and Steen sitting on our patio

The walk from the pool to our condo

Sitting outside our favorite dessert place - Yogurtology. Yum!

You pay for the frozen yogurt by the ounce - they had a whole bunch of flavors and even more toppings.

Shopping at the fancy shops in Scottsdale. I couldn't afford the prices but it was fun to look. They have misters that spray water over the walkway to relieve shoppers from the heat - although, we were told we picked a cool June to visit. Temps high of 98 degrees instead of the usual 110 degrees.

After a day of shopping, we decided to order a pizza instead of go out for dinner. It was pretty large - but so good!

Me and the twins hanging out by the pool.

Group shot on our floaty rafts. We spent a lot of time in the pool since it was too hot to sit in the sun.

Floating in the warm water with a cool beverage with good friends. Can't get much better than that!

Me and Cindi

Our favorite spot - sitting outside on the patio

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That looks like a great place to go! My college roommates always talk about doing that but we've never gone anywhere...I think we might have to make work of it after looking at the fun you guys had! Hope things are going well.