Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Burrrr..... Michigan is cold! I arrived in time to experience another winter storm warning with blowing snow. Nice. I can hear the wind picking up outside the window as I write. Hopefully the weather won't get in the way of my plans to spend much-needed time with some of the friends and family I have been missing!

The trip home was fairly uneventful - aside from a few annoyances that I should not be shocked by. I usually have some weird person and/or situation to deal with. If you know me, you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, my plane landed in Chicago yesterday around 2 pm. My parents picked me up from the airport. We made a stop in Michigan City and went out for dinner. Then we dropped by my niece's house once we got into Holland so I could meet my little grandniece. She is beautiful!

Here are the puppy pictures some people have been waiting for. This is not the dog we are adopting. This is the one we rescued off the street.


I have some more fun ones but I'm still having problems downloading pictures for some reason. It took over a half hour to download these! But isn't she cute? Belle was not amused by the puppy's insatiable appetite for milk and its persistence of trying to get some from the older dog. Poor Belle was looking at me in desperation - begging me with her eyes to rip the annoying little pooch off her underside. She knew enough not to nip at the puppy but she growled under her breath every time the puppy latched on.

2 comments:

KIM said...

Welcome back to Michigan Carrie - how long are you here for? Not sure if we will get to that side of the state or not but I hope you have a wonderful time here!!!
~ Kim

Krista said...

Enjoy your time at home in the snow!