Monday, February 16, 2009

Foster dog

A couple days ago, Michael found a puppy on the streets. No. We are not keeping this one! But it was very cute. Michael was walking in Arteaga and the little puppy was lying in the road. He picked it up and it hardly moved - she was very hungry and probably near death. Of course, we didn't have the heart to leave her there. So we became foster parents for a couple nights. We fed her, cleaned her, and I cuddled with her. And poor Belle inadvertantly became a foster mom - the puppy thought she might have some milk to offer - much to Belle's disgust. Anyway, we gave the puppy to Freddie - one of the guys who lives near us. It was a good test drive for our other dogs - they'll have to get used to having a puppy around once our other dog arrives next week. I tried to upload photos, but it isn't working tonight. Maybe later.

Last night our cat went outside and didn't come back. I figured he would be sitting at the door this morning, but he wasn't there. I started to get worried so I walked around our house and shouted his name - Vino! Then I recalled that means "wine" in Spanish. I figured I should just look with my eyes and stop shouting. I didn't want my neighbors to see the crazy white woman wondering around her house aimlessly screaming for wine. People talk. Finally I found Vino way up in a tree. I got his food and he obviously wanted to come down but was apparently too scared to make the decent. Of course. So I climbed a tree for the first time in a very long time. I tried to grab him but everytime I did he clung tighter to the branches with his claws - making me nearly loose my balance. I was finally able to pry each nail from the branches and slowly make the decent with a frightened, clawing kitty in tow. Not exactly the way I like to start my day - but I got my cat back anyway.

Tomorrow morning I head home for a visit. My flight leaves very early and of course I have yet to pack. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Give me a call if you would like to hang out!

No comments: