Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A visit from mi familia

Yesterday I said goodbye to my mom, dad, and Deb. They left Saltillo at 6 am and returned home around 9 pm last night. Sounds like the trip home went well. I miss them already.

We had a great time together. Aside from the hospital stay, I think they enjoyed their trip to Mexico. Here are some pictures of our adventures:

Deb and I pose for a picture with a pig head at the market in Saltillo. Don't even start with the family resemblance jokes. I just know someone out there is thinking it. Ha Ha.

Mom and dad with their first souvenir from Mexico: A pair of slippers from the hospital. Not exactly on their list of things to bring home, but at least they got better. This was taken right before they were released.

Our hotel in Puerto Vallarta. We were there Monday through Friday.

The view from our balcony, overlooking one of the pools and the marina.

The opposite view - looking toward our balcony from the marina.

Swim-up bar

One of the pools on the ocean side. Our hotel had property along the marina and across the street there was more property along the beach.

One day we took a free tour of the city, which was included in our package. This is our tour guide.

Inside one of the beautiful cathedrals we visited.

We ate at an amazing seafood restaurant overlooking the ocean. This is the view from our table.

Me and my dad.

Deb and I took a little tequila tour. They explained how tequila is made and we got to taste several different types - almond tequila, coffee-chocolate-vanilla tequila, and a high-quality regular tequila. It was very good. We think they guy who gave us the taste test had quite a few tours before us because he was very crazy, but very funny.

Tequila!

My mom shops at one of the markets we stopped at during the Puerto Vallarta city tour.



Each morning we ate at this little restaurant overlooking the marina at our resort. Our resort had four different places to eat and the food was great.



Deb and me at our favorite spot. We loved to sit in the sun and listen to the ocean.


We watched this sunset while we ate at the outdoor restaurant on the ocean side.

Little kids chase pigeons in downtown Saltillo. We headed back to the Saltillo market on Sunday because mom and dad missed out the first time we went because they were in the hospital.

Our favorite restaurant in Arteaga, Pollo Feliz- which means "Happy Chicken." I know. These chickens don't look too happy; but we are certainly very happy when we eat here. It's soooo good!

We took a little drive near the mountains on a rare rainy day in Arteaga; despite the weather, it was a beautiful view.

It was so nice to have visitors here for a while. Now it's back to cleaning the house, doing the laundry, and washing the dishes. Now that I have more time on my hands, I'll try to give more frequent updates on the blog.

Tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures of our puppy - who is growing way too fast!

No comments: