Friday, July 24, 2009

Packing Up

Thought I would give a quick update. I haven't been able to get online for a while. My computer is completely dead and I haven't had access to Michael's. Right now I am sitting in a motel room near South Padre Island in Texas. I can hear Spanish music blaring from the little bar downstairs. Apparently, they have a band playing tonight. Of course. Accordions and mariachi-style beats - I still feel like I'm in Saltillo.

On Wednesday, Michael and I packed up the van with the boxes of items we need to ship home and headed to Laredo, Texas. Our little house in Mexico feels sad without my pictures on the wall, my favorite blankets, and overly-used DVD player. Most of the closets are empty and the house feels empty, too. It's a weird feeling. Our time in Mexico is quickly coming to an end.

After spending the night in Laredo, we headed to McAllen to pick up Michael's parents from the airport. Chuck and Kathy will spend a few days with us in Mexico, help us finish packing up, and make the long trip home with us, four dogs, and possibly one cat. Could be an interesting journey.

Today we spend some time at South Padre Island. Tomorrow we will head back to the island and/or take a drive to Brownsville, then we will head for the border. We plan to visit a few of our favorite restaurants in Mexico, go to a couple markets, and visit with some friends. Then we pack up the van and head back to Michigan on Tuesday - hoping to arrive home on Wednesday night. Please pray for a safe trip. Can't wait to see you all soon!

No comments: